At DYO, we are 100% committed to protecting the privacy and security of our customers and site visitors. The DYO team members are customers themselves, of both DYO and other internet sites – so we totally appreciate and respect how important privacy is. If you have any questions about how we protect your privacy, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Protecting Your Privacy
Sharing your information
We do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party – including your name, address, email address or credit card information. We want to earn and maintain your trust, and we believe this is absolutely essential in order do that. However, we share your data with the following categories of companies as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you, as set out in this statement:
Companies in the DYO group, as sometimes different bits of our group are responsible for different activities (especially licensed ones).
Companies that do things to get your purchases to you, such as payment service providers, warehouses, order packers, and delivery companies
Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners and website hosts who, who help us run our business
Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so we can help tackle fraud.
Companies approved by you, such as social media sites (if you choose to link your accounts to us), Marketplace sellers where you place an order, and Klarna where you choose to use their payment service
We may provide third parties with aggregated but anonymised information and analytics about our customers and, before we do so, we will make sure that it does not identify you.
Keeping your information
We’ll hold on to your information for as long as you have your account, or as long as is needed to be able to provide the services to you, or (in the case of any contact you may have with our Customer Care team) for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting and trend analysis only. If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
How we use your information
We use your information in a number of different ways — what we do depends on the information. The tables below set this out in detail, showing what we do, and why we do it.
Customer information held by the company is confidential, except:
1. when the company has your consent to share the information;
2. when disclosing your personal information to provide you with requested products and services;
3. according to legal requirements, the company has the authority to make law or comply with legal directives, but the company will provide the appropriate jurisdiction;
4. in case of emergency, to safeguard the interests of users and the public;
5. in the case that other companies need to open, edit, or disclose personal information in the situation;
(1) Site functionality cookies – these cookies allow you to navigate the site and use our features, such as “Add to Bag” and “Save for Later”.
(2) Site analytics cookies – these cookies allow us to measure and analyse how our customers use the site, to improve both its functionality and your shopping experience.
(3) Customer preference cookies – when you are browsing or shopping on DYO, these cookies will remember your preferences (like your language or location), so we can make your shopping experience as seamless as possible, and more personal to you.
(4) Targeting or advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver ads relevant to you. They also limit the number of times that you see an ad and help us measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
By using our site, you agree to us placing these sorts of cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit the site in the future. If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, the “help” section in your browser should provide instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Further information about cookies can be found at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-pecr/cookies-and-similar-technologies/ . Please note that by deleting or disabling future cookies, your user experience may be affected and you might not be able to take advantage of certain functions of our site, and the complete DYO user experience that we pride ourselves on providing our customers.”